Job Vacancy: Junior Digital Manager
The IBU is currently looking for a Junior Digital Manager - please find all necessary information on the position and how to apply below:
Role Description – Junior Digital Manager (JDM)
Location Anif bei Salzburg, Austria
Reports to Head of Digital and Communication Director (CD)
Start date As soon as possible
Position status Full time
Estimated duration Unlimited
About The International Biathlon Union
The International Biathlon Union (IBU) is recognised by the International Olympic Committee (IOC), as the international governing body for the Olympic sport of biathlon. Headquartered in Anif bei Salzburg, the IBU is a non-profit organisation registered in Austria that regulates the sport and oversees the competition organisation worldwide. In cooperation with its 59 member national federations, the IBU uses competitions, events, programmes and other activities to promote and develop participation in Biathlon throughout the world. For more information, please visit www.biathlonworld.com.
As the international governing body for biathlon, the International Biathlon Union (IBU) must both communicate effectively with all its existing stakeholders and fully connect the sport with new, international, relatively untapped markets and audiences. To remain ahead of the curve in the increasingly digital world, the IBU’s strategic plan, Target 26, mandates the implementation of an innovative digital and social media strategy, upgrading of the IBU website, and development of a centrally-owned IBU mobile application by 2022. In November 2021, the IBU launches an MVP (minimum viable product) version of this new website and the first-ever official IBU App. Your role as IBU Junior Digital Manager is to run and update the IBU social media channels and website and work with the wider editorial team on the creation and implementation of a cross-channel content plan. This includes digital media coverage from on-site biathlon events as well as creative contributions to our sport’s digital development.
Your tasks will include:
· Under the guidance of the IBU Head of Digital you will be running the federation's social media output (alongside freelance colleagues) across multiple channels to help meet the IBU’s objectives of engaging and growing its global fan base.
· Working with editorial, video production and graphics team to deliver interesting, relevant, shareable and high-quality output.
· Create Content for IBU digital channels in line with the IBU content strategy
· Editorially Contribute to IBU Website and App
· Cover Biathlon Events on-site for IBU’s social media channel as part of the IBU content team
· Monitor Social Media channels and manage the biathlon fan community
· Assist the Head of Digital in the drafting of the content plan and coordinating its implementation
· Liaise with IBU Stakeholders, such as National Federations and Organising Committees, on publishing plans and content exchange
· Update and maintain the IBU website
· Support the Head of Digital in the digital project management
Knowledge, experience and skills
To support the IBU digital team, you should meet the following criteria:
· Must be legally allowed to work in the EU
· Have a solid academic background to Bachelor’s degree level; preferably in sports journalism or a similar relevant study.
· Have 1-2 years of relevant work experience or internships
· Be passionate about content creation on various social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok)
· Have a solid understanding of current digital trends and best practices
· Be a team player and possess strong people skills
· Be a creative, multi-skilled and well organised social media professional
· Have strong organisational skills and the ability to manage a variable workload, following strict deadlines and sometimes working outside of traditional business hours.
· Possess excellent presentation and formatting skills
· Adobe skills are an asset as well as basic knowledge in Premiere and Photoshop
· Have experience in working with content management systems and digital asset management
· Have high proficiency of technical skills in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
· Be Fluent in English including English copy skills for live competition coverage – e.g. live-clipping, live updates and similar.
· German and Russian language skills are an asset
Terms and conditions
Full terms and conditions will be set out in a contract however the key features are as follows:
Renumeration: A gross monthly salary that is orientated on the Austrian Collective Agreement for Trade (Österreichischer Kollektivvertrag für Handel), paid 14 times per year. The actual salary will reflect the successful candidate´s qualifications and work experience. As agreed, based on experience and skills.
Travel: Travel will be required especially during the biathlon season
Working location: IBU headquarters in Anif near Salzburg, home office rules apply
Working hours: 38.5 hours/week
Notice period: One month after a trial period
Please send your CV including relevant work/internship experience and a brief personal summary including your motivation to join the biathlon family (not more than 1000 characters) until 24 September 2021 to email@example.com